You're Invited to Lunch
All individuals over the age of 55 are invited to dine at the Park View Cafe located in the Senior Center, Monday - Friday from 11:30 am to 12:00 pm. Cost per meal is based on a sliding scale. Individuals under the age of 55 may purchase a meal for $6.00.
Longmont Meals on Wheels (LMOW) Residential Lock Box Program in partnership with the Longmont Fire Department (LFD) is designed to expedite access to senior adults in their own homes during medical or other emergencies. The Lock Box Program also reduces the likelihood of property damage caused by first responders forcing entry into a home in response to an emergency call.
The Lock Box Program…
- Provides Fire, Police and Emergency Medical Services (EMS) access to your residence in the event of an emergency where you are unable to open the door.
- A key to your residence, which you will provide, will be stored in a lock box, example pictured here, which will be secured to a fixed object on your property. The access code to the lock box is stored in a secure database linked to your address.
- This program is available to Longmont residents who live alone that are 65 and older or are disabled and/or suffer from major medical issues at any age for FREE.
- A firefighter from the Longmont Fire Department will demonstrate how the lock box works and will install it on your property.
The program is open to LMOW and Senior Services clients who either live alone or must be left alone on a regular basis and:
- Are age 65 and above or
- Are under 65, with a major medical issue that could render them incapacitated or unconscious
How Does the Program Work?
- The eligible participant will complete a Lock Box Program Application to LMOW. Applications can be picked up at the LMOW office (910 Longs Peak Ave, Longmont) or downloaded here.
- Completed applications can be dropped off or mailed to the LMOW office (910 Longs Peak Ave, Longmont, CO 80501) or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once the application is approved, the LFD will contact the eligible participant to set up a time for the lock box to be installed.
- The participant will provide a spare house key that the LFD will place inside the lock box and set the combination.
- The LFD with LMOW will determine the best location for the lock box.
- The lock box will only be used during an emergency call or wellness check, and when responders can’t make entry without using force. At no other time will the lock box be used or will entry be made without authorization.
- There is no cost to participate in the Lock Box Program, other than the cost of a spare key.
- A participant may withdraw from the Lock Box Program at any time by contacting LMOW. After the key is returned to the participant, the empty lock box will be removed from the residence and returned to LMOW.
Longmont Meals on Wheels | 910 Longs Peak Ave. | Longmont, CO 80501 | 303-772-0540 | email@example.com